In today’s online world, it is easy to get caught up in the feeling that you have to be - look - and act a certain way to be successful, especially as a health coach, nutritionist or fitness professional. Not only does the outside world place judgement on our diet, exercise, and health routines, but we too can become so judgmental of our own bodies and tie our shape, size or looks to our entrepreneurial success.
The truth is, we no longer need the old paradigm that being confident in and with your body requires you to look a certain way. We are already in the shift that makes being confident in our bodies our birthright. It is who we are and what we become no matter how we look, or what size we are. However, it can take a shift in perspective, a lot of support and self healing to get to that place.
My guest today is Melissa, a Mind & Body Transformation Maven. She has helped tons of women reignite & shift their energy, so they love, appreciate, & embrace their body & show up powerfully in their lives! The work she does encompasses deep inner work, releasing diet culture, and supporting other women own their bodies to make massive shifts in their lives and businesses.
In this episode, we discuss how to develop a deeper relationship with our bodies, how to let go of diet culture, how diet culture influences our journey as entrepreneurs (especially in the health and wellness niche), and what we should consider to ensure that we are showing up fully in our businesses and helping others transform their lives as well.
The message is simple: give yourself permission to love your body the way it is and step into your power! Tune in for more!
- [05:24] Melissa's journey in the holistic & wellness world -- from dieting restrictions, weight obsession, to her quest to find her true self
- [07:32] Promoting women's worth and power while releasing the diet culture
- [07:44] Why it's not your job to change your body + yourself to fit society
- [12:58] Your worth is so much more than your physical body
- [19:54] The biggest mindset shift to keep going on your wellness journey
- [21:28] The struggle and resistance holistic and wellness coaches face when putting themselves out there
- [23:13] How to energetically magnetized people to you
- [23:35] The power of owning your body + showing up in your most authentic self
- [26:16] Using human design and energetics to easily flow in life & business
- [27:29] One of the major things that's keeping a lot of coaches , nutritionists and fitness professionals into attracting the right type of clients
- [28:35] Using our bodies as a tool for healing and how we should know them better
- [31:34] Sifting through your energy to what lights you up vs what drains you
- [39:43] How to bring a totally deeper layer of yourself to the world + keeping your body, life and business timeless
- [45:17] What it takes to be a Queen in your truest form
- [46:16] Show up and slay!
Connect with Melissa:
Connect with Melissa on Instagram
Connect with Lexie:
Subscribe to the Podcast:
Are you subscribed to The Magnetic Business Podcast?
If not, now is the perfect time to hit that subscribe button so you don’t miss an episode!
Subscribe on Spotify
Subscribe on Apple
Subscribe on Google
Subscribe on Stitcher